SIG on Innovation & Entrepreneurship in Information and Communication Technology
henceforth called SIG- IE (ICT)
There are about 460 million people seeking employment in India. It is estimated that the Government and the private sector along with their ancillaries employ about 60-70 million people only. The conventional methods alone would not be adequate to address this problem. This situation needs innovative ideas and decision to take action. The Prime Minister of India in his address to the Indian Science Congress this year has also called for innovation and has called the decade of 2010-20 as ‘Decade of Innovation’.The University/Institute based innovators routinely produce breakthrough technologies that, if commercialized by industry, have the power to sustain the economic growth. However, this is not happening. In absence of this the business world is witnessing the rise of the student entrepreneurs who start their entrepreneurial journey at a very early stage while still pursuing their education. A clear knowledge of the outside support and vision of taking their business idea to start-up would help the economic growth and job opportunities for millions of youths of this country. The time is ripe for collaboration between for- profit businesses and mission –driven individuals and organizations .Collaboration between corporations and social entrepreneurs can create and expand markets on a scale not seen since the Industrial Revolution. These markets will reach millions of those who are not yet part of formal economy.
- The SIG will help drive awareness programs, offer venues for learning and information exchange and create forums/seminars for interacting with thought leaders and industry practitioners.
- The SIG will help the innovator into developing the idea into business model..
- The SIG will also act as facilitator for providing venture capital.
- As a prerequisite the innovators will be trained to protect their intellectual property rights.
- This SIG will also be responsible for creating publication with articles and review papers from world-renowned technocrats.
- It will also provide a platform for interaction, exchange of ideas, mentoring, training and education
|Prof(Dr.) Anil Kumar Pandey||Immediate past Chairman, CSI Ghaziabad Chapter & Director, GNIT Girls Institute of Technology, Greater NOIDA, Mob. 09871171695; E-mail:
|Mr. Vijay Rastogi|
Vice-Chairman, CSI Ghaziabad Chapter & Senior Manager, CSC, NOIDAMob: 9873026095; E- mail:
|Ms. Ruby Gupta||Associate Professor, GNIT, Greater NOIDAE-mail: